Wednesday, March 3

Trip to Arizona

For the past year I've been doing research that deals with Native Americans. I have always wanted to go to different reservation across the nation but so far Ive only been to one Reservation in New Mexico. I am so proud and happy to say that the time has come for me to finally go to a reservation. My friend who so happens to be my ex's cousin has invited me to go to his reservation this weekend. I am thrilled and delighted. However, aside from the Pow wow they are having Im also going to accompany him to his cousin's funeral. Sad and shoking I know. In fact I am honored that he is inviting me to such an event.

I am nervous but above all I am a tad scared because I dont want to run into my ex who I havent seen for 3 months, after all he is related to the person that passed away. I am confused, nervous, and doubting whether I should go or not. What would you do? The funeral last for sevral hours from noon to sunrise of the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Go! Not everyone gets a personal invite to a pow wow! Keep an open mind and an open heart.

    ReplyDelete