Monday, April 20

HAPPY 4-20 EVERYONE!

You might have opened this post with a smirk on your face and said to yourself " this guy is for sure a stoner" well i am not. If you do smoke marijuana, by all means enjoy your buzz partner, I am in no positon to judge anyone's actions- god knows i have made someone interesting choices myself. I am only posting this to bring to light the stigma society has placed on a regular day, Apr 20 th.

So what is 4/20? ive heard a million things like, its "adolf hittlers birthday" or "its national pot smokers day"

we have placed a symbol/meaning on this day. that if someoone were to celibrate 4/20 they would be a pot smoker, i believe we can view 4/20 through the eyes of G.H Meads Symbolic Interactionism. Society has given this day meaning, symbols, stigma etc...

anyone else agree with me? disagree? or want to add?

2 comments:

  1. 4/20/09 was actually my 20th birthday:) happy bday to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol happy birthday doll

    enjoy it, after 21 its a fast downward spiral. ;-)

    ReplyDelete