Sunday, November 13

Everchanging

And there
Amidst the waves and the cloudless skies
That blanket the year before
I watch my life wash ashore

Have you ever been a part of something
That you thought would never end?
And then, of course it did
Have you ever felt the weight inside you
Pulling away inside your skin?
And then something had to give


I just went through a recent breakup. These are the lyrics to a Rise Against song called "Everchanging." My life has changed in a matter of two weeks. I spent a little under 7 years with this person. As our lives were intertwined they took a turn to a path I never thought I would travel. I have been able to do all the things I have been neglecting which makes me feel more alive than ever. I miss him dearly therefore at the same time I feel more dead than ever. I AM currently half alive. I am thankful that my career is waiting for me at the end of this tunnel I am traveling through.

youtube video along with the lyrics: (if you care to listen)


or if you just want to read the lyrics: (they are wonderful)


2 comments:

  1. it will take some time but your feeling of being half alive will past; and you will grow as an individual. i can relate to that awful feeling,i felt like that in 2008. I spent just about everyday with the person I was with and when it was over, i didn't know what to do with myself- i felt lost. but i've learned that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't understand why at the moment you'll realize why later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and you are right. I have gained my other half now. haha

    ReplyDelete