Tuesday, June 29

Individually Odd

I wanted to write about this in my morning pages, but I could not wait to say it. I thought of the paper we read in class about individuality and how sometimes an aspect conformity limits us in the long run. I have Cerebral Palsy, a physical disability that I am proud to call a part of who I am, not of what I conform to. This music video I found called "Odd One" by Sick Puppies taught me that I am someone to everyone around me. I can't get the video directly, but here is the link from YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgbv3d-k7sA

I finish off with a quote from actress Marlee Matlin who was deaf since she was 18 years old.

"It was ability that mattered, not disability, which is a word I'm not crazy about using." - Marlee Matlin



1 comment:

  1. this reminds me of our slogan: "It is never too late to become the person you might have been." Good work!

    ReplyDelete