Wednesday, November 25

Playing for change

wow this video gave me chills and made me realize we still have hope to bring and reach peace around the world. I used to do community service a couple years ago and this video reminded me how good it feels to do something productive to communities in need. I have also been encouraged to become active again on helping others. We need more Mark Jonhsons in this world who despite all the things that separate us such as politics, religion, egoism; he finds something simple as music to bring human beings around the world together to do something that brings joy and happiness to the lives of many. Sometimes we need to stop for a minute and appreciate the beautiful things and people that surrounds us and that if we do not give back and help each other, we are only going to keep destroying each through wars, conflict, differences that are not worth fighting for because after all we only need each other to work as a whole to live better.

9 comments:

  1. I too got the chills. The idea behind “playing for change” is beautiful. Music is the common link that unites people of all sorts of backgrounds. Just like each instrument has a different style and purpose in the song each individual had a different struggle for which to feel hopeful. My skepticism took the back seat. This video made me feel hopeful and excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW just WOW. Im speechless. I got chills from this as well, this made my day from a long day of school and work. Great song!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was actually a good video...i like the way he used each musicians piece and mixed it into one song....nice. Plus I like that song, it brings back my childhood when i hear it because of that movie. One love was alright too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Music always giveS me the chills and this video did exactly that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Comment. The chills were awesome. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt really moved by this video. It is interesting and I feel he did really good in creating this project and accomplishing it. The human connection was the sociology and the distance was not a barrier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I strongly agree with the comment.This clip made me realize so many things about life.It made me think about people no matter who they are or came from we all have the same heart, and by sharing it that will be the best thing in the world.Music I believe makes a difference, we might not understand other peoples language but we sure can figure out the rythm.The song he chose "One Love" was excellent for this clip. Loved that he mixed in many musicians from all over the world.I just hope that Mark Johnson keeps doing what hes doing.Not only that but that we participate in making changes too, they may be little but if it makes a difference; "Why not do it?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. i also got the chills watching this video. Its funny how something as simple as music could have such an impact on people. Just like all the other comments in this blog, i now feel the need to do something in my comunity in order to help the less fortunate

    ReplyDelete